Sunday, February 19, 2017

A New Church Home

God has been working in me since the new year about some changes that needed to be made in my life. I have been overwhelmed with my church responsibilities, all the paperwork that goes into having a special needs adult, and all the things of my Mom's and Bill's that need to be gone through and given away, etc. As well as other things.

I've felt for several months that God was also leading me away from our church that we've attended for over 26 years. It was making me sick thinking about leaving, yet I knew that I had to follow God's leading.

My biggest goal for many years has been to be able to go to church as a family, the 3 of us. Of course, Jon can only attend every other week. Then there's Jessie. She wasn't about to even get out of the van on a Sunday morning at church. So I stayed home with her. I went every other Sunday for years.

Then I "found out" that there was a special needs adult class at 10:00 am. at the church that Bill and I met and were married. I had several people pray about it and for an entire week I talked to her about going to a smaller church (although their attendance on a Sunday morning could reach 1,000 - 3 services). She willingly went and did good! Our first Jessie miracle.

Last week was our second Sunday and when I took her to her room, she wasn't seated yet when she said, "Bye Mom!" Second Jessie miracle. I've NEVER left her alone with people who didn't know her or understand her language, since she left school in 2009.

Jon and I have both enjoyed the sermons we've heard. Today was our 3rd Sunday in a row (Jon switched days and was able to go today). We are looking forward to getting to know others and connect. It does help that we know several people who attend: Chris, Sean and Ashley, and Eric.

Leaving a church family is hard. Especially the Stephen Ministry group that I've been a part of for over 12 years. However, I'm thrilled that my heart's desire of worshiping together has come to be. Thank you, Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment