Sunday, July 9, 2017

Sleeping On A Train

I was going to say I've never seen an Amtrack train before but then I remembered some friends and I took the train from Sarnia to Toronto, Canada many, MANY years ago. I don't remember what it looked like, but I'm sure it didn't look like the one Di and Randie and on. It's pretty impressive.

Di mentioned earlier that it was actually 2 trains with 2 engines. At some point one train would go one way and the other another way. Can't remember where.

I have to share Diane's account of her sleeping experience from last night:

"I felt like I was in a trunk of a car going 100 miles an hour over uneven washboard road while my captors piped in ambience sounds of train whistles all night. Randie must feel like she's in the back of a pickup laying on a blow up mattress. She's sleeping like a baby."

I got these pictures as I was in my non-moving bed, laughing at her experience at that exact moment.


They have reached their train destination: Glacier Park Lodge, East Glacier Park. She just sent me a picture of their room. One was of a floor fan plugged in. Her comment? Room air conditioner. It was 93 degrees earlier and at that moment, 83 degrees.

If you've read Anonymous' comment from yesterday, somewhere in Montana there was a 5.8 earthquake with many aftershocks. Hope they won't be rocking tonight!

Tomorrow they tour Glacier National Park via the Red Jammer Bus. 

Sweet dreams, Diane and Randie!


No comments:

Post a Comment