Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Happy 21st Birthday, Jessica Anne Sutton !!!

It's really hard to imagine that 21 years have passed since Jessie came into our lives.  What a wild ride these years have been.  What a blessing they have been, too.

As you know, Jess was born with Down Syndrome.  I'll never forget when the doctor told us that we had options when she was born, and one of them was to walk away and leave her at the hospital.  We looked at that doctor as if she was from another planet.  Not take her home?  You're kidding, right?  She wasn't.


We were blessed with two children.  Both of them ours.  For better or worse.  (I know that's out of context, but as a parent, I'm sure you know what I mean.)  I'm thankful that God allowed me to be a wife and a mother.  The only 2 things in my life I ever really wanted to be.  He gave me my heart's desires.

Happy birthday, my darling daugher.  We love you very much!  Here's to another 21 (at least!).

No comments:

Post a Comment