Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Just Like Old Times

You'll have to wait til the end of this post to find out about this picture!

Anyway, today was like old times for Bill and I.  We began at the hospital outpatient building at 8:30 a.m. for Bill's CT scan.  While he was "enjoying" his special drink, 1 1/2 hour wait and 10 minute test, I played on my iPhone, read part of a book, and listened to music.  I enjoyed my down time.

After Bill was done, we went to breakfast, and Bill was able to eat the entire meal: 4 sausage links, scrambled eggs, toast and milk.  He was thrilled.  From there we went to Ace Hardware (bought a traveling door alarm), Family Christian Stores (needed some boxed cards), Blinds to Go (family room blind broke), Best Buy (Jessie's VCR/DVD player smelled like it was buring up!), Sam's Club (because Bill was getting Sam's Club withdrawal), post office and home.  Yup, just like old times.  It was a great morning out.

Tonight I was having some one-on-one time with Jess in her room and Bill came in to see what we were doing.  Her "school" table was there with a coloring book on it and while Jess and I talked, he just quietly got the bucket of crayons and began coloring. He looked so serious, too!  Was he desperate for something to do, or was he thinking of "old times".   

No comments:

Post a Comment