Friday, March 17, 2017

Happy St. Patrick's Day

I LOVE corned beef and cabbage meals. A "boiled dinner" as my mom used to call it. We had it often when I was growing up.

Unfortunately, Bill wasn't fond of it and Jon isn't either. That means I either make it for myself, go out to eat, or don't eat it.

Last year on St. Patrick's Day, I met Diane (she didn't have a job then) and Randie at a restaurant near their house and had the corned beef and cabbage.

This year Diane is working so just Randie and I went out to eat. (As a side note, Diane doesn't like this meal either. I didn't remember that growing up.)

Unfortunately, I've been recently diagnosed with Eosinophilic esophagitis. I've had allergy testing and CABBAGE is one food I am allergic to. Go figure. So, I had to go cabbage-less today. Other than that, the meal was super good. The carrots were the best I've ever had. The mean was lean and not salty. Just perfect.

I hope you had a nice green day.

No comments:

Post a Comment