Thursday, March 9, 2017

Yesterday's Blustery Day

For over 12 hours the wind  blew constantly. Power lines came down, trees and large limbs fell, brush fires and a house burned within a couple miles of us. I had a couple of appointments that I couldn't change so I ventured out. Driving was challenging. It was a both-hands-on-the-wheel kinda day. Intersections were interesting. Many were out so we all know what to do when that happens. But then you'd have lights that worked and one minute you could see what you were supposed to do and the next the lights were pointing up to the sky! People freak out over the smallest problems!

Thousands upon thousands are without power. DTE sent me a message that said that they had never had so many people without power - ever! Crews were coming in from various states to help. We are so blessed because we have power! I don't know why, especially since they have no power across the street and may not get it back until Sunday! I'm so thankful we aren't running our generator.

No comments:

Post a Comment