Friday, September 10, 2010

Why a blog?

I have kept a diary for as long as I can remember.  They probably go back as far as elementary school.  I currently do photo diaries, scrapbook, save momentos in a yearly book and keep my calendar current with things we've done.  Oh, I also have a Christmas Memories book that I've filled out each year for the past 27 married Christmases.  We read it each year.  It's fun to see what we ate each year and who we visited and who visited us. 

Ever since Jessie was born I've wanted to "tell her story", but didn't know how to go about it.  Last year I watched "Julie and Julia" 5 times (can you tell I loved it) and was determined to blog about Jess.  Time got away from me and no blog.  I did join Facebook, though, so that was a step up in communicating with others. 

This year has been the worst year my family has experienced.  We've all had serious medical issues but the one that has become the most difficult is discovering that Bill has (stage IV) pancreatic cancer.  Many of you have e-mailed, facebooked, sent cards, called, visited and made meals.  I've tried my best to keep everyone updated on Bill's progress but I haven't had alot of extra time.

Thus, this blog!  I figured I could blog at least a couple times a week and let everyone know about Bill, as well as what our family is doing.  I've followed other's blogs and really enjoyed them.  I hope you will enjoy keeping up with The Sutton's!

No comments:

Post a Comment