Monday, January 2, 2017

Leaving The Old Ways Behind

When Lois and I had our own church service on Sunday morning, I read the Jesus Calling devotional by Sarah Young for that day. One particular sentence has stuck with me and has made me think about what I want to leave in the past. Here's part of the excerpt:

"Come to me with a teachable spirit, eager to be changed. A close walk with Me is a life of continual newness. Do not cling to old ways as you step into a new year. (bold mine) Instead, seek My Face with an open mind, knowing that your journey with Me involves being transformed by the renewing of your mind."

I've been thinking about what I don't want to carry over in to 2017. Things like judging people with what little facts I know. I didn't think I judged people, but looking back over the year, I realize that I have allowed my personal opinions to weave a web of judgement in my mind. I want my mind renewed in this area.

How about you?
What old way(s) do you want to leave behind as we begin a New Year?

No comments:

Post a Comment