Sunday, January 1, 2017

Merry Christmas JoAnne and Happy New Year !!!

The last 2 days have been full but relaxing and fun. Yesterday we had breakfast with JoAnne and came back to the house to exchange presents. Then we visited for a couple hours before she left for her New Years celebrations. I had just enough time to rest a bit before Lois came at 4:15 p.m. She left about an hour ago. 

We had a nice, simple dinner then Jon, Lois and I played a couple games for several hours. Jon went to bed early because he had to work today. Jessie was happy in her corner of the family room with her YouTube and Apples to Apples cards. 

After games Lois and I watched 2 movies. For a change there were no fireworks in the neighborhood to alert us to the New Year arriving. We just wished each other a happy New Year then continued watching the movie. We went to bed around 2:30 a.m.  Not too late for me, but VERY late for Lois.

We were up by 8:15 a.m. because Jess got up and was a tad bit noisy. After breakfast Lois and I had our own "church service" then watched 2 more movies. (I can't remember the last time I watched 4 movies in 2 days!) When Jon got home from work and dinner was finished, we played several games of Boggle. An old but fun game.

I'm about ready to go upstairs and call it a day. My eyes are having trouble staying open. It was worth it, though. There are few New Years that we get to spend with Lois, since she lives in Haiti. I do remember that we celebrated Y2K together! We sat around playing games and waited to see if the lights would go off because of all the doomsday predictions. That was 17 years ago!!!! Do you remember Y2K? 

No comments:

Post a Comment