Sunday, March 29, 2020

A Great Church Service

March 29

I was determined to get up "early" so that I'd be able to watch the 10:00 service at Woodside Troy. I did, but then Jessie wanted eggs and bacon for breakfast. Say what? I haven't cooked her eggs in years (her choice) and bacon would take forever. Thankfully, I found sausage in the freezer and I did make her scrambled eggs.

If you don't have a church family and want to watch a great service, go to Facebook and find Woodside Bible Church/Troy for their services on-line. It was very uplifting.

While I watched the sermon, Jessie sang along with praise songs by Don Moen. When the service was over and Pastor Chris prayed, Jess began to cry. I went to her and we listened to his prayer together. She continued to cry with her arm tightly around my neck. I can't explain the spiritual sense Jessie gets. I just know that she knows that Jesus is the answer. To everything.

I remember years ago when both Moms and Bill were still alive and we sat in church together, all 6 of us. Being a Stephen Minister/Leader, I would sometimes go forward to pray with those at the altar. Jessie would go, too, and lay her hand on their shoulder. Many times that person would look up to see who was praying for them because of a different sense they felt. It was a very emotional, spiritual time.

One of the songs Jessie listened and sang along with was "I Will Sing". Here's the chorus:

I will sing, yes, I will praise, even in my darkest hour
Through the sorrow and the pain
I will sing, I will praise, lift my hands to honor You
Because Your Word is true, I will sing ...

Look up the rest of the words. They are so appropriate for today. I believe that praising God and worshiping Him is critical for every day life. No matter if we're in a pandemic or not. He deserves our highest Praises.   


1 comment: