Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Jon's Garden Bounty

March 25

I guess Jess didn't get it when I showed her the places yesterday that were closed. She's been hollering all day about going out to lunch tomorrow or breakfast on Friday, which is her usual routine.  It's so difficult for those who thrive on routine.  And, that goes for me, too. I do like routine and I need deadlines to get me busy on projects. With my calendar almost empty, I keep saying that I'll do it tomorrow. I need to stop that.  I did pay 2 on-line bills today. That's a start. One was due today, though! 

For the first time ever, I made ham and bean soup for dinner. We are still eating the fruits of Jon's garden from last fall. In the soup were his black beans, kidney beans and white beans; carrots and onions. The ham bone was from Christmas and the celery was from the store. I must say, I had 2 bowls, Jon had 1 (he's not a soup lover) and Jess ate the ham. We had corn muffins to go with the soup.




 
 Jon planted every bearing strawberries and we had 3 harvests. They were SO good.






The potato harvest was awesome. We're still eating them.






The back yard looked so nice with Jon's
garden almost ready to be harvested.



No comments:

Post a Comment