Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter

Unlike other Easters, this year it was very subdued for us.  Bill took his Mom to church and I stayed home with Jessie.  We watched church on tv.  Jon worked.  Diane went with Randie's family to dinner then to one of the girl's homes to watch the kids have fun with all their Easter candy and stuff.  This was our first Easter without Mom.  It just didn't seem right. 

Remembering some of the pictures I had gone through to display at the funeral, I found one of an Easter-gone-by.  It was taken in the backyard of our home on Mendota, in Detroit.

I'm grateful that Christ died on the cross for my (our) sins. I'm glad that He arose and is alive today!  Hallelujah!  I'm glad that my mom took us to church each Sunday and that I met Jesus 53 years ago and asked Him to be my Savior.

This Easter Mom may not be with us, but she is in the presence of Jesus!  What could be better?

No comments:

Post a Comment