Thursday, April 14, 2011

Reliving The Past

One of the things I've enjoyed about going through my mom's papers is the old letters I sent her while in Liberia, West Africa.  I went as a Special Short Term Missionary in October - November, 1980.  I used my secretarial skills and worked at ELWA's Radio Station and Hospital. 

Reading them brought back memories long forgotten, as well as "I don't remember that!"  Speaking of remembering, do you recognize the typewriter?  When you got to the end of the line, you had to manually take the platen to the next line!  Glasses were a tad bit big then, too.  I really liked my hair.  I used to have it permed but at the end of my time at ELWA, I was know as "Missy With Plenty Hair!" 

Bill is finally having days without nausea.  He's had more stamina, too, which is good.  We're all hoping for a good report on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment