Saturday, July 9, 2011

Back In The Fellowship

I've had a great day.  It started with breakfast out with Bill and Jon, although Bill just had to watch us eat.  We were planning on going to Art Van but Bill didn't sleep well last night and we brought him home to rest.  Instead, just Jon and I went.  I had a very nice time with my son.  An impromptu "date day".  We used to have these quite often, but not so anymore.  It's always great to spend time one-on-one with your children. 

Around dinner time I "realized" that Jon was home and that I could go to church and he could keep his eye on his sister.  I quickly made dinner, brushed my teeth and ran out of the house.  In shorts, no less.  I've NEVER gone to a church service in shorts.  Thankfully, Saturday evening service is very casual. 

It was so wonderful being in church.  I'm not missing the sermons because I can hear them from the internet, but the fellowship of other believers is unique.  People who care and pray for us.  People who laugh with us and cry with us.  I'm very thankful that we belong to a wonderful church family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment