Monday, July 11, 2011

A Not-So-Fast ER Visit

Last night Jon complained of lower side back pain and this morning he was doubled over with lower stomach pain and vomiting.  Made a doctor's appointment but when it got worse I decided to cancel the appointment and take him to the ER.  Left at 10:30 a.m. and I, alone, returned at 10:00 p.m.  He's in their observation unit.  He has the classic kidney stone symptoms or that of a hernia, even though two CT scans have not revealed anything wrong.

I tell you, it just seems like we can't get a break.  Jessie talked all weekend long about girls day out today, and we couldn't go.  No aide today so Bill had to care for himself and Jessie.  He even (tube) fed himself.  I am so very proud of him.  Myself, well, I have to admit I broke down at the hospital.  I am just so overwhelmed with life.  And, to top it off, I couldn't go to the funeral home for Chris' mom.  I can't even go to the funeral, either, because of a doctor's appointment at the same time in the morning for Bill.  Not to mention what to do with Jon in the morning?  

I know, whine, whine, whine.  I need to get a grip.  It's not about me.  Jon's the one in pain, not me.  Bill's the one with cancer and a PEG tube.  Not me.  God was faithful yesterday, He was faithful today and He WILL BE faithful tomorrow.  What more could I ask?  I'm going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment