Saturday, December 17, 2016

Cookie Making Day

I asked Jon what one thing he'd like to have and one thing he'd like to do during the Christmas Holidays. One was to make my mom's sugar cookies and the other was to go see Christmas lights. Today was cookie making day. It was a good day to do it, as we had another small snow storm last night.

Chris had trouble with her car after work, ended up having to have a new battery installed and by the time she got done it was too slippery to travel so far. She came and spent the night. That was fun, as it always is when she comes over. She left before we began making cookies.




Jon pre-measured the ingredients so that Jessie would just have to dump them in the bowl. I thought that was pretty nice of him. I rolled them out and Jessie cut all the sugar cookies. We still have to frost them, but that's for another day.


We also made gingerbread cookies and decorated them.

I don't think I mentioned that this is the first time in YEARS that I've baked cookies. I know I haven't done them from 2011 to now. Can't remember the last time I made them. I am looking forward to eating them, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment