Friday, December 30, 2016

Merry Christmas Chris

Jessie and Rachel went to Panera Bread for a different breakfast - bagel and cream cheese. As you can see from the picture, it got a 2 thumbs up! And, she got pop, too!

Jon and I took Darla to school, had breakfast then went grocery shopping. We had about an hour and a half when we got home before we left for Diane and Randie's house to see all their decorations and have lunch. We played a couple games before we had to leave to pick up Darla.

When we got home Jon suggested I make home made mac and cheese with ham for dinner. Chris came after work and she ate with us then her and I exchanged presents. She left around 8:30 p.m.

Jessie didn't go to sleep last night until around 12:30 a.m. Thus, today was a crabby day for her. She willingly went up stairs at 8:15 to watch "People Book" before I come up and tell her to go to sleep, which will be pretty soon.

*************

It was my intention to go back and highlight our fall with pictures of our several vacations before I have to make my book for September - December. That's not going to happen. I'm sure no one will care but me in years to come when I look at this book and find several months "unaccounted for".

I've really enjoyed blogging and having these pages put into a hard bound book. I've kept diaries and journals of my every day life since I could write. I take after my mom. I still have all her diaries from when she was even a little girl right up to the time she couldn't see to write. But, what do I do with them? I guess I could read them one day, but I'm sure she wasn't expecting anyone but herself to read what she wrote. If I read them, I might find my mother was someone different than I thought, or I might have done something to hurt her feelings and there certainly isn't anything I can do about it now. I know I don't want anyone reading my numerous diaries and journals I've written. My blog, well that's a different story, since it's gone world-wide, so to speak.

I've always felt that if I didn't put down somewhere what happened in a day, then it was a lost day, because I'd never remember years from now what happened. Reading something written or looking at pictures jogs the memory, especially mine. Poor Jon. When I'm gone he'll have scores of picture albums to deal with and rubbermaids full of my past.

Well, here's to making more memories ...




1 comment:

  1. I think that Jon will be so pleased to have these. I so wish that I had done them for my kids and that I had them from my mom and dad

    ReplyDelete