Thursday, December 1, 2016

Happy December 1

On Thanksgiving I put down my regular books and grab the Christmas books that I buy all year when they're a lot less expensive. This year I began about a week before Thanksgiving. I have read 6 Christian Fiction Christmas books and 2 non-fiction Christmas books. They are ...

The Angel Ornament Project by Melody Carlson
A Stranger's Prayer by Davis Bunn
Dashing Through the Snow by Debbie Macomber
Starry Night by Debbie Macomber
The Christmas Town, by Donna VanLiere
A Christmas Snow, by Jim Stovall

A Bethlehem Christmas by Charles Swindoll
On This Holy Night - The Heart of Christmas by M. Lucado, D. Jeremiah, 
J. Hayford, R. Warren, J. Maxwell and B. Hybels

When it comes to fiction, I practically inhale the stories. For non-fiction, I need to slowly meditate and "chew" on the words. I underline phrases or paragraphs then share them with friends. I REALLY liked A Bethlehem Christmas, by Charles Swindoll. He told the Christmas story through the eyes of Mary, Joseph and the angel Gabriel. Being a Christian for as long as I have (since I was 5), I enjoy learning new things about "the old, old story". It makes it fresh again for me.




No comments:

Post a Comment