Sunday, December 11, 2016

One Of The Nicest Days I've Had In A Long Time

Jon and I had already decided last night that we wouldn't go to church because they were predicting a big snow storm to begin around 4:00 a.m. Even though we're only about 2 miles from church, it's still too far in bad weather.

We slept in, the 3 of us ate breakfast together and Jon and I watched "A Bethlehem Christmas", a 4-session DVD series by Max Lucado. It was very good and was a great start to our day.
















Jon spent most of the day in his office painting miniature figurines for his winter project. It is always cold in that room so he made himself a DIY heater he saw on FB one day. It really works and warmed up the room. I just hope we don't have to use it because the electricity is off one day.

After watching the DVD I continued to sit in the recliner and took a small nap. Then I made us turkey salad sandwiches for lunch. I finished my kitchen tree. It's a 5 foot pencil tree that has kitchen ornaments on it, as well as my mom's old red handled kitchen utencils. If you click on the picture, you might be able to enlarge the picture and see the ornaments.

I put in a doTerra order, finally responded to an e-mail I received in November, then Jess and I had home made Chex Mix for an afternoon snack. I looked at FB for an hour or so then took another nap!

We had a nice dinner of home made turkey noodle stew and salad. It made a thumbs up from Jessie! She even asked for more of the stew. It was just the drippings from a turkey I did on Friday, turkey meat, noodles and stuffing (Jon said it was like eating miniature dumplings).



I wanted to take a picture of some of my around-the-world nativity sets that I set up this year. There are sets from Africa, Guatemala, Costa Rica, Jerusalem and Haiti. The wreath holds "the Heavenly Hosts" - my angel collection.

It's still snowing outside. Jon and I split the cost of having our property snow plowed this year. Tonight is one of the nights that it has paid off. We have quite a bit of snow and they plowed the front and back driveways, shoveled the front walkway, steps and porch, as well as a path from the back porch to the back driveway. I feel so blessed. A weight was lifted off my shoulders. Snow falls always seem to come when Jon was at work, worked 3 12-hour days together and was physically unable to do it. I love to shovel, but I can't do it anymore either. It was hard finding someone to shovel, or Jon had to shovel hardened snow.
















No comments:

Post a Comment