Monday, May 16, 2011

A Not So Good Girl's Day Out

Well, the day began "well".  I overslept by about an hour.  Went to breakfast with Jon and Jessie.  Dropped off a gift at a friend's house.  Burger King for pop and a rest stop.  Secretary of State's Office to get Jess an enhanced ID card, since her ID card was up for renewal.  Place was packed.  My number was 94 and they were calling numbers in the 60's.  That should have been my warning to leave.  Jess made it about a half hour with about 50 people in the place and 2 screaming kids with an equally loud mother. 

Then, the panic attack hit.  Poor child, I felt so sorry for my girl.  Apparently the workers did, too, as several came over to see what they could do.  I was just going to leave, but they offered to take us right away, so I tried that.  Her picture should be very interesting, as she was clinging to my neck and had a look of terror on her face.  She was screaming and crying even harder as we were leaving because we had to walk right next to the now very-quiet-staring-at-us kids.  It's a good thing that I don't care what other people think, because this was THE worst panic attack she's ever had, and she sure gave everyone cause to watch and stare.

I finally got her quieted down in the van and drove to Mom's where I had to take out the garbage.  I told here she could stay in the van, only I had to hurry in and use a certain room.  I couldn't let her stay in the van herself, so I made her come in, which began the crying all over again.  She just can't handle the empty house and no Grandma, that's for sure.  As soon as I was finished, she threw open the bathroom door, ran (and I do mean run!) out of the house shaking and crying.  By that time, we just went home.  Poor child.  I sure wish I knew what began these episodes years ago.  It has really changed our lives, especially hers.

No comments:

Post a Comment