Sunday, September 25, 2011

It Takes Alot Of People To Move One Person

Mom Sutton was transferred to Shelby Nursing Home today for rehab.   Diane and Randie went to the hospital to make sure all was well on that end and brought her personal stuff to the nursing home.  Bill and Ruth left the Gaylord area right after church to come and help with her transition and admission.  They got there at the same time Bill and I did.  My Bill was pretty sick but was able to make it.  Chris came and took care of Jessie!  Wheh!  I am glad this part is over. 

Both Chris' mom and my mom were in Shelby this past year.  It was a little hard to go through those doors again, but not too bad.  I saw some "old" faces that looked familiar.  They have redecorated every room and they are beautiful.  Mom's room overlooks a courtyard and reminds me of a hotel room.  It is very, very nice.  I know she doesn't want to be there, but I do hope she enjoys her beautiful surroundings.

She won't be bored, that's for sure.  PT came to evaluate her even before she got there!  She had a nice dinner and her room mate and her husband are very nice people.  Let's pray that Mom will acclimate to her surroundings and to getting back to walking and taking care of herself again. 

P.SNothing wrong yesterday.  Just was too emotionally drained and too tired to post.  Sorry.  Especially to those of you who read this every day.  I am humbled to think that there are many of you out there that read "me" every day.  Thank you.   

No comments:

Post a Comment