Thursday, September 15, 2011

A New Washer

Yesterday when the repair man came to see what was wrong with our washer, he gave us bad news.  The drum was rusted and soon to leak and the agitator's timer is shot.  I asked him how old he thought the machine was since neither Bill or I could remember.  He said that they stopped making them 15 years ago.  I'm sure it must be at least 20 years old then.  So, Bill and I went to my favorite appliance store, consulted my favorite salesman and we will have a new washer and dryer tomorrow!  Why get a new washer and not buy the dryer to go with it?

Bill is extremely tired.  Of course, he went with me this morning then worked on the deck for a couple hours in the nice crisp air in the afternoon.  Who wouldn't be tired?  Other than that and pain in his leg, he's not doing too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment