Monday, August 10, 2020

MRI Day

Jon and I left at 8:45 this morning for the hospital for 2 MRI's with anesthesia. It was for my upper and lower back to see what has progressed so that I can't walk much and have to use a cane. I expected to be home shortly after lunch. We didn't get home until 4:45 !!!

There was a wait after I got to the prep room; I guess they were behind. I was scheduled for 10:30 but they didn't come and get me until 11:15. I got myself on the flat slab of a table, and after hooking me up to numerous things they wrapped me up like a cocoon. I felt like I was going to have major surgery! Then I woke up in the recovery room. When I could finally speak, I asked what time it was. It was 1:30 !!! I couldn't believe it. I had hoped we would be having breakfast by then.

Unfortunately, I woke in terrible back pain from laying still and flat for so long. They were able to give me 2 shots of Fentanyl and after a bit it helped. That made my departure even later. Finally they let Jon come back since he had my clothes! Even though they had up-dated him periodically, he was just about to ask what was taking so long. As he was going to say: "Her hip surgery didn't even take this long!"  We had a good laugh.

We had breakfast out and when we got home, I had to take more pain medicine. It's been a rough day for me, but I hope to have some answers soon. I'm off to bed very soon. 

Oh, yes. Jess had a good day with Jennifer. I think. What did they do? Beats me! I forgot to ask, and even if I did, I wouldn't have remembered. I'll have to read Jennifer's Service Notes tomorrow. My brain isn't working at capacity tonight. 

I think I'm going to take a few days off. Why? I don't know. Sounds good tonight. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment