Monday, August 17, 2020

Playing Catch Up

After our 4 days away there are still things that need to be put away, washed or done. Wash continued today. Pillows were cleaned and put away. Jon and I went to lunch at Art and Jake's and enjoyed it very much. We then went to Romeo Flooring and ordered carpet for our "new" season room. We wanted vinyl or the put-together kind but it wasn't recommended since the room won't be used during the coldest days of the year. We ended up ordering Berber carpet! It was cheaper than indoor/outdoor carpet. Unbelievable!

I forgot to post the pic of Jon and me so I'm posting it here. I think we look pretty good. We've both lost 34# and still going! We didn't count points on this trip, though! 

I mentioned yesterday that I'd jot down how different it is vacationing/traveling during a "pandemic".

Our first problem on our trip was finding the inside of Tim Horton's/Wendy's in Imlay City closed. You could only order drive thru. That wasn't an issue. Finding a place to go to the bathroom was. We ended up at Walgreen's. 

Social distancing in crowded places like Frankenmuth and Mackinaw City wasn't a problem, as people steered clear of others. And, of course, everyone wore a mask.

Hotel breakfasts. Now that was different. The food area was closed off and one person was serving a limited menu. If you came down at "rush hour", you had to wait a long time to be served. Jessie and Jon had scrambled eggs and sausage, but all they had that I could eat was cinnamon rolls. Not that it bothered me! They were warm and gooey and delicious. We had brought microwave egg bowls with us for breakfast, so we did that one morning instead of going down.

Masks. Obviously that is different. Jessie did really well with having to wear one. 

Making sue we had them handy was a problem, although I kept extra in my purse, and in the van, in case one broke. 

When we had lunch at the bridge view in St. Ignace, we had McDonald's because either there wasn't a restaurant or it was too crowded for Jessie. Anyway, I counted on the bathrooms being open. Not. They were "Closed For The Season". Really? We ended up at a grocery store. Finding bathrooms turned out to be the hardest part of our trip, although highway rest areas were open when we were on I75.

Hotel housekeeping was different. A note in the room said that they would only clean a room (if occupied) every 5 days. However, we were asked each day if we wanted them to clean. We said "No", but we did get extra towels, coffee pods, etc. each day from them. That does work out well. A hotel room doesn't need cleaning every day. I certainly don't clean my house each day.

I can't think of anything else that was different. Like I said yesterday, we had a really nice time and I can't wait to travel again. Soon, I hope!



 




No comments:

Post a Comment