Tuesday, September 8, 2015

I'm Grateful For God's Hand Of Protection

Jon and I were canning another batch of peach marmalade this morning and we had just finished filling the jars. He removed the pot of boiling water from the table we were working on back to the stove. I shoved the table out of the way and, unfortunately, the one end of the table collapsed. Everything on the table ended up on the floor - smashed half pint jars, utensils, towels. What a mess! I was just so thankful that Jon had moved the water before I moved the table. That would have been a 911 call for sure! The floor got washed, though.

Brenda had my van with Jessie today. They went on their one-mile walk, swimming, and lunch at Subway. I had a 3:00 p.m. hair cut appointment and drove Jon's jeep. On the way back I was sitting at a light when I got clobbered from behind. We both pulled over to a parking lot and I got out and the woman who hit me was very upset for hitting me, which was nice, I guess. She said she thought the gas pedal was the brake! Go figure. She was probably on the phone or texting and she definitely was in a big hurry. She was extremely aggitated. It was her first day of school with kids, being a middle school teacher. Not a good way to start the school year. Jon's jeep has minor damage, but I'm very sore tonight. However, I'm so very thankful that God had his Hand on me and I wasn't hurt where I needed medical attention. Sore is one thing. Broken bones, or worse is another.

No comments:

Post a Comment