Thursday, September 24, 2015

Surgery Was Successful

Thank you to everyone who was praying for Jessie's surgery. The surgery itself went well and she should be recovered very soon. Probably by tomorrow. However, getting her to the OR was a huge ordeal. It took 1 1/2 hours to insert an IV and get her on the gerney. They gave her so much versed and other medication that it would have put me out for days, but she fought it and fought everyone who wanted to put an IV in or move her. It took 4 of us to finally get her on the gerney. Both Jon and I were beside ourselves working with the nurses to calm her. It was exhausting for us and terrifying for her. Luckily with the versed, she won't remember any of it. We left the house at 5:00 a.m. and returned home at 1:30 p.m.

The doctor said she'd be asleep all day because of all the medication. NOT. She's been on the floor with her iPad, beads and cards. Talking non-stop. She did take a little nap in the afternoon, but she's been wide awake most of the afternoon/evening. I sure hope she'll go to sleep tonight. I was able to rest this afternoon, but I'm still ready for bed now.

Thank you, Becky. Thank you, Anonymous for your nice comments and prayers. They are appreciated. I've saved everyone that you've ever sent me.

No comments:

Post a Comment