Monday, September 28, 2015

Two Weeks Ago Today

Two weeks ago today (Monday, September 14) we began our week's vacation to the Upper Peninsula. Our first stop was Fort Michilimackinac in Mackinaw City. This is a MUST stop for both Jon and Jessie as they really like the fort. Jon likes to look at any new buildings and this year there was a new garden that he enjoyed. Jess knows each building and what is in them and which ones she'll go in and which ones she won't.

Unfortunately, while walking around the Fort, Jess turned her ankle in a small hole.  For some reason I threw in my medicine bag a baggie of ankle wraps that I usually carry for me, as I'm so clumsy. I'm glad I did, as it came in handy for her. I wrapped her ankle each day and it helped her walk.

The picture of Jessie on the bed is what she likes to do in a hotel room. She stakes claim to her bed, gets out her DVD player and ABC tiles or Apples to Apples cards and watches her favorite (at that time) movies. This year it was Full House episodes.

The bottom picture is the view of Mackinac Island from our hotel room in St. Ignace, which is across the bridge. We stayed there 2 nights.




Today ... September 28
Rachel and Jessie went to the Library and Blake's Orchard to pick apples. Unfortunately, Jessie refused to get out of the car. Rachel said she seemed to be having a panic attack, so no apple picking today.

I spent the day with Jon. We went to many places - in and out - for various items. We left around 9:30 a.m. and got home at 3:30 p.m.

My friend, Karen, came over and brought Jessie a cookie bouquet to "Get Well Soon". She stayed and we visited for a bit. Jessie was really excited to get it. She also got a card from them in the mail today. Thanks, Karen, and family!

I neglected to say that Rachel and Jane also gave Jessie a "Get Well Gift" of beautiful fresh flowers and a balloon, the day after she came home from surgery.

Jess seems to be doing OK. Until she starts yelling and screaming at me, clinging to me and is definitely not herself. That's the only way I can tell that she needs some medication. She's not going to be happy, either, when I tell her in the morning that she can't go swimming for 2 weeks!






No comments:

Post a Comment