Friday, September 4, 2015

Jessie's A Great Helper


It was too hot and muggy for Rachel and Jessie to do anything outside, so after they had breakfast out with Kelly, they came back to the house. Jessie put away clean dishes in the sink, vacuumed the front room and family room, then she put labels on Aunt Lois' prayer letters and stamped each envelope with the return address. She didn't stop until she had them all done! I was amazed that she kept at it. Thanks, Jess! That saves me a lot of time. Now I just have to fold the prayer letter, stuff the envelopes and seal the flap.

Jon and I went to breakfast at The Pantry but it wasn't the smartest move. There were power outages in the area, it's a holiday weekend, and the place was packed. We were in there for an hour. Jon went to Walmart and I attempted to get an oil change but there was a 1 1/2 hour wait. I came home and did a couple hours of paperwork on my desk.

Tonight for dinner I made a peach cobbler. I have NEVER made a peach cobbler in my life. I don't usually make dessert because we'd eat it (yes, I know that's what you're supposed to do!). With left-over peaches Jon asked if I'd make the cobbler. I must say, it was wonderful!


No comments:

Post a Comment