Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Vacation Day #2

Yesterday we drove to Mackinaw City and went to the fort, which is the favorite of the kids. After that tour we crossed the bridge and had dinner at our favorite restaurant, The Galley.  Checked into our hotel and spent the rest of the evening resting.

I'd love to post pictures, but for some reason I can't do it on my iPad. Bummer.

Today we had breakfast, drove to the Soo Locks and were fortunate to see a very large ship go through the locks. It was fascinating. I've been here many times but this is the first time we got to see a ship in the locks.

We had a picnic lunch overlooking a narrow channel where the boats have to go through. Jon toured the Valley Camp ship and Jess and I waited in the cool van. I took a nap and Jess played on her iPad. We took the long way back to St Ignace and went back to the Galley for dinner. We stopped at a couple stores and got back to our hotel room by 7:00 pm.

Please pray for Jessie. She turned her ankle in a hole at the fort yesterday and is complaining of pain. It's not swollen, but she's had fractures in both feet years ago. We may have to get an X-ray somewhere. I hope not.

No comments:

Post a Comment