Friday, January 8, 2016

A Family Date Day

Jon, Jess and I had a family date day. We went to a store near Lakeside, the New Balance store in Troy, Bahama Breeze for lunch, the Field and Stream store by Oakland Mall, then I dropped Jon off at Meijer's and Walgreen's to get a couple items. We had a really nice day together.

HOWEVER, I about had a heart attack at lunch. Bahama Breeze's restrooms are on the second floor and I don't like going up there. There is an elevator, but it's a very closed in area. I asked Jon to go up with us. Jessie doesn't like elevators to begin with, but it is better than the stairs, which she'd never do. Anyway, we reached the 2nd floor, Jon got out, I got out, turned around and no Jessie and the door was shutting! I panicked. I kept hollering her name and hitting the button to get it to open (it was totally closed), which it finally did. There she was sitting on the floor (which she does when she's very scared). The door must have started closing on her and I didn't see that. She immediately sat down when she found herself alone in the elevator, which is even scarier because she could have gotten her coat caught in the door, and if it had gone down ... well, THANK YOU GOD for taking care of Jessie today. We "rescue" her from the elevator and she says, "Scary!" She got that right! This just proves that things happen so quickly, no matter how careful you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment