Tuesday, January 26, 2016

I Failed The Security Walk Through

Jon and I were out for most of the day and one of our stops was the county court house. I was going to stay in the van but I needed to use the restroom. Obviously, it is a restricted area and you have to go through a security check before proceeding inside. We left everything in the van that wasn't allowed. Jon went first then me. Beep, beep, beep. I couldn't believe that something on me caused me to fail the walk-through. Twice in fact. Finally the officer asked me if I had any joint replacements. Bingo! I never gave my knee replacement a thought. He wanded my knee and I was almost out of there when the other officer said, "Check her purse. She's got pepper spray in there." Say what? I told him I didn't but he was too emphatic so I started to empty my purse for the other officer when he told me to just go. I didn't think the other officer like it much, but oh well. I spent the next hour or so trying to figure out what the xray machine picked up in my purse. I finally figured it out. I have 2 roller bottles of doTERRA oils in a front pocket. I guess they could look like pepper spray canisters on an xray machine. And to think this was all because I needed to use the restroom! Next time I'll wait and go to McDonald's!

No comments:

Post a Comment