Friday, May 6, 2016

A Hard Decision

Today Jon and I decided that Val is not the best match for our family. I know it's only been a couple of days, but he has some qualities that won't be good for us. For instance, he constantly follows me around the house and ignores Jessie. He won't go to her and only lets her pet him if I am near. That won't do. He needs to bond with her.

Now I am trying to find a home for him. The previous owners can't take him back because of their daughter's allergy to dogs. He may have to go to a rescue. I've called several people and places today and no luck so far.

I guess what will be the best is if I just go ahead and pay for a trained therapy dog. Not one that will need to be trained, like Val would. I need him to walk on a leash and not tree a squirrel or other animal.

If you think of us, please pray that we can find him a good home immediately, so it won't be so hard on him. Jessie seems OK to let him go to another home. Probably because he won't come to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment