Sunday, May 8, 2016

Happy Mother's Day

To all my friends and family who read this blog: Happy Mother's Day.  Even if you aren't, and you're a woman, of course, I'm sure you have the role of mother-friend, aunt, cousin, honorary mother, etc. Every one of us have the opportunity to make a difference in a child's/teen's/adult's life. A Mother-figure.

Jon and I were able to go to church then the 3 of us went to Chris' house for dinner. Eric came, too, and while we talked or played games, Jessie was in one of the bedrooms watching DVD's on her portable DVD player, and playing with letter tiles and Apples to Apples cards. We all had a really nice time.

I want to share some picture of my Mom ...

Here's mom with her dad. Probably 1923.

Mom told me that every Sunday the family met at the cemetery for a picnic (go figure) and to visit with friends and relatives. Here's she's on the left with her sister, Elsie, on the right and the family stone. And their dolls, of course.




Summer of 1939 with their Mom.


Mom, me and my baby sister, Diane, on Easter Sunday. 
Maybe around 1957 or so.




Seven years before she passed away. 
My kids see the Queen of England and say: "Grandma!"









1 comment:

  1. Nancy- wonderful mother day post and loved seeing the old pictures. I guess one day my kids and grands will look at our pictures and call them the "old pictures". I hope your day was full of love, sunshine and blessings. Sorry about Jess's dog but sounds like it wasn't a good fit - praying that God provides the exact dog for Jesse. Becky

    ReplyDelete