Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Jessie's Surgery

We left the house at 5:00 a.m. to go to the hospital. Jessie was scheduled to have tubes put in her ears at 7:45 a.m. The surgery took 10 minutes, but it took 2 hours to get her drugged enough to have 6 people lift and flop her on the gurney then have the IV put in. It was not fun. Jon ended up with chest pains (he also had just finished three 12 1/2 hour days) and I was sick to my stomach. Luckily, the medicine they gave her makes you not remember.

She was well enough to go out to breakfast on the way home then spent the day on the floor or on the couch with her iPad and beads and cards.

I took a nap in the afternoon and Jon took one later. Jessie took no naps. However, after dinner we had to put ear drops in her ears and that sent her over the edge. She spent about a half hour crying before I could get her settled down. I went up stairs around 8:00 p.m. and went to bed with her until she finally fell asleep.

Ear drops need to be put in her ears twice a day for 5 days. Please pray that she will not fight and scream and cry as she did tonight. They are necessary to curb any infection. It's a 2-man operation. Thanks!

I didn't blog last night and I don't remember why. All I did was paperwork and loads of wash so I wouldn't have to do anything today, which I didn't. Jon did work outside in his garden, though, because tomorrow it's supposed to rain. Again.


1 comment:

  1. will pray those drops go easy for you and Jess and Jon. I can just imagine how much trama she went through and it is hard on a mama's & brothers hearts to see it. They are going to have to re-input the tubes in my oldest granddaughters ears much to our surprise Love & prayers to all of you Becky

    ReplyDelete