Saturday, September 26, 2020

Preparing Food For Winter

 I had a terrible physical morning. The pain in my lower back was intense. Thankfully, after relaxing, using a cold wrap and taking pain medicine, it was much better by afternoon. Jess and I went to the bank, got a drive thru lunch at Wendy's then went and ate with the goats. When we arrived, there wasn't anyone else there. While there, several families came and fed to goats. A busy place.

This afternoon I prepared 6 large pork steaks for the freezer and 5# of chicken tenders. I cooked and cut corn off 9 ears of corn, ready to be frozen and sealed in bags. Then I cleaned 10# of chicken leg quarters and baked them. We had some for dinner and the rest will be frozen for future meals. To say that I'm tired of being in the kitchen is an understatement! BUT, the freezer is getting ready for winter. We are blessed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment