Sunday, August 28, 2016

Happy 60th Birthday, Lois

Yesterday, Saturday, Jon and I left at 10:00 a.m. and didn't return until 4:00 p.m. Lois' 60th birthday party was from Noon until 3:00 p.m. at church. It was a very nice day and everyone seemed to have a good time. The food was very good and the one game we played (How Well Do You Know Lois?) was fun. Lois' 60th birthday was while she was in Haiti, April 18. Keeping with the spring date, I decorated the tables with my birdhouses and we had a BBQ lunch.

Unfortunately, my body didn't do so well. I hurt so much when we got home that all I could do was sit on the couch the rest of the night and take pain medication. According to my Fitbit, I put in 7,391 steps. I usually do just over 5,000.

Jon was in bad shape, too. He did almost all the kitchen work. After we ate, he took care of boxing up all the left over food and cleaning the kitchen. I helped wash all the dirty pans, etc. that we used. Luckily I'm familiar with the industrial washer, as I used to cook for several months for our Day Care children's lunch many years ago.

The picture on the top left was taken Friday afternoon. The round blue table in the middle was for the cake and a couple balloons.

I was going to take pictures on Saturday but totally forgot the take any pictures. Bummer. I don't think anyone took any pictures either.








Today, Sunday, Jon went to church and I skipped it. I was still too uncomfortable to move much. I've spent most of the day on the couch.



No comments:

Post a Comment