Friday, August 12, 2016

Outdoor Adventures - Thursday, August 11

Yesterday Rachel, Jessie and I went to Outdoor Adventures where Brenda was camping and spent several hours with her.

Rachel and Jessie first went in the kiddie pool, along with Brenda and her nephew. They were in the pool for about an hour. Jessie did really well considering there were so many kids in the pool, too.

After they got dressed we went and ate lunch at the Snack Bar. We were going to eat inside but there were 3 screaming kids inside so we went outside to eat. They were even too much for me!

Even though it was in the lower 90's, the heat index was 99 with a full sun. We all started out playing the 18 holes of miniature golf but I pooped out after just a couple. I went and sat down under a large pavilion.

When golfing ended, there was an opportunity for Jessie to try to break a water-filled balloon. Like breaking a pinata. She had help from both Rachel and Brenda.

We all had a really nice day, but the heat took its toll on all 3 of us (Brenda, too, I think). After the drive home Jessie got her spot on the floor and I found mine on the couch. I was exhausted. Dinner consisted of ham spread sandwiches, grapes and kettle corn!




No comments:

Post a Comment