Saturday, August 6, 2016

Just You And Me Day

Jon had to work, so it was just Jessie and me. We ate breakfast, I wrote out some bills, we went to the post office, bank, Walgreen's, Meijer's grocery shopping and McDonald's drive thru for Jessie. Jon had bought some liver sausage the other day and I had a liver sausage sandwich with a huge slice of an Orange Wellington tomato from the garden on it. Yummy!

While we were at Meijer's Jess saw what she thought was chicken poppers and began to run over to them. Unfortunately, her shoes didn't follow with her legs and she fell. That was so not Jessie. She rarely falls. I think it shocked her more than anything, as she didn't know if she should cry or not. She does have one scraped and swollen knee tonight.

Not only did that upset her but we got in line and we were putting our groceries on the belt when a young mother with 2 small boys got in line behind us. That in itself was enough for a panic attack. Add one of the boys whined and cried the entire time. The mother totally ignored the child, as if he wasn't even there. I did all I could to manage Jessie not having a full blown panic attack. She was close to one but I kept telling her the boy wasn't hurt. Just crabby and he needed a good spanking. I would have liked to spank the mom, too! We just can't seem to go anywhere that there isn't some child crying.

No comments:

Post a Comment