Sunday, August 21, 2016

What A Nice Day

Not only was it a wonderful weather day, but a great spiritual day for me.

Jess and I ate a quiet breakfast then she went outside to swing in her hammock. When she was finished, I sat down and watched all 5 sessions of a DVD Book Study/Bible Study I'm facilitating in October. The book is, The Me I Want To Be, by John Ortberg. The book is wonderful, and the DVD sessions were better than being in church (don't tell anyone!). I can't wait to get together with the ladies and do this study.

I also continued reading my fiction book, The Discovery, by Dan Walsh. Another, oh my! I MUST finish it tonight. It is so good. Dan Walsh is an excellent author. Read one of his books.

Jess and I went to McDonald's for a quick lunch then she helped me cut vines that had overgrown a tree across the road and were scraping the top of our van whenever we came in the driveway. She also helped me pick up twigs and cut down some peonie bushes. I couldn't resist taking her picture as she rested.

Julie, Lynzee and Julie's dad stopped in for about 20 minutes to pick up a Route 66 salt and pepper shaker set I gave her dad. He drove all the way from California via Route 66. He'll head back on Wednesday. I explained to Jessie that he was Julie's dad. She left the room, came back with a picture and handed it to Julie. A picture of Bill. "My daddy." she said. I wanted to cry. The picture she brought was on the second shelf in a book case and she had to go around boxes I had on the floor to get to it. I didn't even know she knew the picture was up there.

Rachel came to watch Jessie while I went to church for the Wesleyan East District Ordination Service. Two of our own were being ordained, John and Lindsey G. It was an awesome service and once again, lots of suits! I've been praying for wisdom for a step in my future and I received my answer during the charge to the ones being ordained.

Jon finished his 30 days tonight at 7:30 p.m. He finished strong. I am proud of him. Now to see where God will lead him in the next months.

No comments:

Post a Comment