Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Divine Intervention

Bill, Jon, Jess and I took off yesterday morning and went up north to see the colors and visit Ruth, Bill and Billy in their home near Lewiston.  Colors were nice but alot of trees were almost bare.  We spent the night at the Hampton Inn in Gaylord and left this morning.  We took a small side trip to Hartwick Pines.  Arrived back home at 3:45 p.m. after traveling 553 miles.  As a side note, we got 28.5 mpg with our new van!

On the road into Lewiston a strange thing happened.  Bill was driving with Jon in the front seat with him.  Jess and I were in the back.  I'm not sure who yelled first (Bill/Jon), but when I looked up all I saw was a deer in front of the van.  However, he looked a little weird.  I had the immediate impression that a very big hand was on his butt pushing him across the road - he looked something like an accordian!  I closed my eyes, said "Oh, Lord Jesus!" and prepared for impact.  Nothing.  There was absolutely no way we could have missed him.  I believe it was a divine intervention.  I never said anything to Bill or Jon about my impression until we got home when I asked them for their version.  It was just like mine!  Wow!  Thank you, Jesus, for protecting us on the road by sending your angel(s) to push that deer across the road.

I need to tell you this, too, because it's just too funny ... We stopped on the way home in Saginaw at the Flying J / Wendy's for lunch.  After I ordered I asked the girl if they gave senior citizen discounts.  She said, "No, this isn't a real Wendy's".  I stared at her and I really didn't quite know what to say - I was sure we were in Wendy's.  It looked exactly like any other Wendy's I've ever been in.  I continued staring at her then  I finally asked, "So, this is pretend?"  (She didn't think that was funny.)  She responded by saying that it was owned by a very large corporation and they owned this particular Wendy's and THEY didn't give discounts.  Oh, please.  Either I was in Wendy's or I wasn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment