Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Preparing For Winter

My friend, Doreen, came this afternoon and cleaned out my garden for the winter.  I defrosted my garage freezer (would have been easier if I had done it a month ago when it was alot warmer).  Bill and I went to Goike's and got a bushel of squash for fall dinners and freezing.  Tomorrow I'll pick up a bushel of golden delicious apples from "my mom's apple lady".  I began putting outdoor items away in the playhouse, which is a great storage area when not in use as a picnic area or get away.   I just don't want to put away cushions and stuff from the deck.  I'm holding out for at least a couple more days that we can sit out there.  It is really nice.  Oh, and I put the ice scraper in the van. 

Bill felt a tad bit better than yesterday but not much.  Jessie only had 2 melt downs.  Jon spent the day shopping and going to the show.  He had a great day off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment