Friday, October 21, 2011

Facebook

I have heard so many people make negative comments on how people use FB by posting useless tidbits, and they don't want to waste their time with it.  Well, that may be true for some people, but the people I have friended care about me and my family.  We keep up with each other's world and pray for each other.  I love seeing pictures of out-of-state relatives and friends and their families.  I pray for their requests, too. 

It is a great way to feel connected.  Since Bill was diagnosed with cancer, he's spent many hours plastered to the couch.  At first there were lots of phone calls and visits.  It's been almost a year and a half and the phone is quiet and visits are rare.  For months now I have been teaching him about FB and how to keep up with our family and friends.  Yesterday he said he wanted his own account!  He no longer wanted to share "ours".  Well! 

So, if you're on FB and want to friend Bill, please do so.  He's learning now how to post his own messages and respond back.  It makes him feel really connected to his friends. 

It wasn't too bad of a day for him physically.  Very red and hot from the steroids, nauseated but not too bad.  Now if he could only sleep.  He usually has insomnia for several nights after chemo.  Go figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment