Monday, October 24, 2011

How Was My Day?

Very challenging.  It began at 5:55 a.m. when Jess got up for the day and put on her videos.  I was too tired to get up and make her go back to bed, so background morning sleeping music was various videos.  Bill had several bloody noses before he took a shower and didn't feel well.

The physical therapist arrived at 10:00 a.m. for Mom S.  I went back up stairs and took care of Bill.  (He needs to have his peg tube bandage changed at least daily, if not twice.  Plus, I give him a shot in his stomach around 9:00 a.m. each day.)  I gave him some hydrocodone and he went directly to the couch where he spent the day - again.  Jess played on her iPad.  I began wash - ended up doing 5 loads.

At 12:30 the Occupational Therapist arrived, and that sent Mom S over the edge.  She is not willing to do anything to help herself become stronger and resents anyone here.  She was not very nice to the OT and after she left, she got very upset and created a problem.  Which wasn't what Jessie needed since she was near her and it sent Jess into a crying, shut-down mode for almost an hour.  All this was more than Bill wanted to handle, too.  Plus, it was very evident that we couldn't go on our girls day out for lunch. 

By 3:15 when the nurse arrived Mom S was calmer but very unhappy that blood work needs to be taken often, as well as blood pressure.  She doesn't quite get the fact that since she's on coumadin the INR needs to be kept at a certain level.  Tomorrow the home health aide comes to assist her in a shower.  (I think I'll leave the house!)

Oh, yes - also in the middle of all this Bill says to me, "Just to let you know, I have pain in my face."  Now, my first thought goes to the jaw for heart trouble, but he said that it was under the right eye, in the eye socket and over the eye.  It was pretty intense for awhile.  We finally determined that it was probably bone pain that he has after chemo and the next-day shot.  We hope.

Jess and I finally left for our girls day out at 5:15 p.m.  We met Chris at Wendy's in Romeo for dinner then went to K-Mart to shop for a birthday present for Bill (it's Thursday, the 27th).  We got home around 7:45 p.m. 

Clothers are folded and on the couch - where they'll stay until tomorrow.  I am going upstairs in a few minutes and calling it a day.  Tomorrow could only be better.  Hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment