Thursday, October 27, 2011

Happy Birthday, Bill

Today is Bill's 65th birthday.  He had a good physical and relaxing day.  Late in the afternoon we drove down to the Hobby Shop so he could buy some windows and doors for a (very large) birdhouse he's going to make this winter to keep occupied.  When we left the northern sky was black; the southern sky was blue sky, fluffy clouds and lots of sunshine.  While we were gone, the northern sky let loose with yet another rainfall.  On the way home, the southern sky was still bright and Jessie noticed this rainbow out the van window.  It was really beautiful.  We made out 5 colors: orange, yellow, green, blue and purple.  I don't think I've ever seen purple in a rainbow before.  Anyway, it was a birthday gift to Bill.  It was awesome.  I forgot to mention that there were 2 rainbows.  Can you see it?
We enjoyed a very nice birthday dinner while Bill played on the computer.  Chris came and helped us celebrate.  When it came time for dessert, I gave him a teensy tiny piece of brownie cake that Jessie and Shannon made for him.  One bite.  It went down.  He said it tasted good. He wasn't about to try anymore, though. 

I want to tell you what Jessie said to me this morning:  She's in our room, watching tv and playing on the iPad.  My alarm goes off and I press the snooze button.  And again.  And again.  About the fourth time Jessie says: "Stay up, Mom.  Shannon's here."  That got my heart going a little faster only to look at the clock and realize that she was joking.  So, I went back to sleep.  Next time the alarm went off and I didn't get up again, she said:  "Stay up, Mom!  SANTA'S HERE!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment