Saturday, December 10, 2011

All Is Well

I didn't post last night because I didn't get home until midnight from an evening out with some friends who I used to work with.  We've been getting together for many years - maybe 15-20 years.  We get caught up on one another's lives then worship through song and prayer.  I must say that last night I felt such peace.  Not just peaceful, but a much deeper peace that only can come from God.  I am blessed to be part of this group of dear ladies.

Yesterday was a great day for Bill.  He hasn't had an entire good day in many months, so we were able to go visit our good friends, Ron and Arlene.  Ron is having some physical difficulties himself and the four of us encouraged one another.  It was a very special time. 

Today Jess spent most of the day with Jane and Rachel and went Christmas shopping.  I've done many loads of wash and went to Sam's Club with Jon for some groceries and Christmas gifts.  I haven't been there in months, and if you don't like crowds, that wasn't the place to be today, that's for sure.  What a mess. 

Bill worked a little in his workshop today but then spent the rest of the day on couch, not feeling his best.  That was discouraging since yesterday was such a good physical day.  He wasn't able to sleep well last night either.  However, the new medicine that the Hospice doctor has prescribed for him is helping a bit with the constant vomiting from not being able to swallow his saliva.  That's good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment