Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A Contrast Noted

Jon continued to be quite sick this morning with a 101.5 temperature and severe headache.  Since he's had strep twice this year, he was wondering about meningitis.  So we decided we'd better be safe than sorry and we spent about 6 hours in the ER.  Flu swab came back negative, as well as all other tests, so they felt he had the stomach flu. If this is true, it is an awful strain. 

While Jon was being taken to the observation unit, there was a code for all doctors to go to the resusitation room immediately.  (Pretty much this is the only time you will ever see doctors run or walk fast!)  I prayed for whoever the code was called for, yet knowing that it may not turn out well.  At the same time, a lullaby was played over the speakers announcing the birth of a new baby.  What a contrast of life and death. 

I remember the day that my father-in-law passed away - actually it will be 23 years ago tomorrow.  Driving back from the hospital I felt Jon for the first time.  I was about 4 months pregnant.  I don't ever think I'll forget that moment in time.

Bill did not have a very good day.  In fact, this is the worse I have seen him.  Of course, he missed me, which could be part of his bad day (smilie face inserted here).  All kidding aside, he's much weaker, in quite a bit more pain, aggitated, depressed and downright tired and miserable.  Most likely it's the progression of the cancer and it is not a good feeling.  My heart aches for my beloved husband.

Jess had a melt down when I put her to bed, although she had a good day with Shannon.  Diane came and took over until Jon and I got home - Thanks, Di!  As for me, well, I am off to bed.  I would like to bury my head in the sand but instead I'll just put it under my pillow and pull the covers over my head. 

No comments:

Post a Comment