Thursday, December 8, 2011

Prayer Request For A Stranger

Yesterday when Bill and I were at Sears and in line to pay, a woman came and stood next to us.  She was carrying a bag of clothes, obviously returning them.  She looked about ready to cry and then did.  I immediately went over to her, put my arm around her and asked if she had lost someone.  She said that she was returning a nightgown she had bought for her (33 year old) daughter to wear when she had her first baby.  Last Saturday was the baby shower, and instead, they buried both her daughter and the unborn baby. 

Ok, I really wasn't prepared for that.  She proceeded to tell me that her daughter (only child) was a school teacher, passed out at work, and due to a ruptured cyst, bled to death - there wasn't anything anyone could do to save her or the baby.  She said that she didn't know how to get through this.  I asked her if she had a faith and she responded that she did and that was helping.  She also has many people to support her.  I told her that I would be praying for her in the days ahead.  Please join me.  Her name is Judy. 

I felt at a loss to say much to her.  Sometimes words are inappropriate - I just continued to hug her and later assured her of my prayers.  I am thankful she has a faith to help her, but she still has to go through each moment of each day dealing with such a huge loss.  She certainly won't be having a Merry Christmas. 

On a much brighter note ... Bill had a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment