Thursday, June 30, 2016

An Over-Lapping Day

I remembered to take a picture of Jessie's fireworks picture she did in Art yesterday. I just might have it framed.
****

Usually I complain when events are back to back, but today's events over-lapped! The day didn't begin well, either. Apparently I neglected to set any alarms to get up. I woke to Rachel coming in my bedroom calling me. So embarrasing!

My friend Andrea came at 10:00 to borrow books from my library. We visited until Jessie's case worker, Vicki, came for our meeting. Before she left I got a call from the surgeon's office that Jessie's surgery will be next Thursday, July 7. 

After Vicki left I began cancelling appointments that were already on my calendar for that day and several days after. Rachel took Jessie to Meijer's. I made arrangements to meet Brenda and her daughter, Sarah, for lunch at 1:30 p.m. Rachel brought a sick Jessie home early from shopping. Either too many kids or her side hurt her. I wasn't sure. At 12:50, the doorbell rang and it was Jessie's State Case Worker, who we see every 6 months. I was surprised as I had not had a letter telling me she was coming. Apparently, all her letters to clients did not arrive in their home before hand. We had our meeting anyway.

Rachel left at 1:00 because she wasn't feeling well. Before we could finish our meeting, the hospital called with instructions about Jessie's surgery and questions about medication. Amber had to let herself out the door!

By now it's 1:30 and I couldn't call Brenda to tell her we were going to be late. Then I got a text while on the phone with the nurse from Doreen wanting to know if we were home. I couldn't answer her either. Just as I got off the phone she dropped by to pick up camping stuff. Jessie and I finally made lunch at 1:50 p.m.

We shopped at Vince and Joe's, went to the bank and post office before coming home. I put away the groceries and decided I wanted to just sit and read. I managed a couple hours. I had just begun preparing dinner when Julie called and before I was finished with her call, Doreen came again to pick up something else. I ended the call with Julie and visited Doreen for about an hour. Jon came home, they left and we ate dinner around 8:30 p.m.

Like I said, it was an over-lapping day!




1 comment: