Wednesday, June 29, 2016

No Chance To Rest

My morning began quickly with Bible Study from 10:00 - 12:20 p.m. When I got home I had just enough time to make a sandwich before Jon, Jess and I went to see a surgeon regarding Jessie's gall bladder. Yes, she will have it out sometime in July. I don't have a date yet. According to Jessie, though, she's "all better!". This will not be a good time for any of us. I have requested that she stay in the hospital over night to monitor her pain, as it is hard for me to guess how she feels and what to give her. The doctor agreed. I remember when Jon had his out when he was 16 and he was in terrible pain and discomfort. He could tell me how he felt, though.


After the doctor's appointment we shopped at a store called At Home where I purchased a few outdoor seating arrangements. One for the front porch and one for my backyard patio (notice Jon in the garden?) that Diane made us last year. Now I just need someone to paint my front porch so it'll look really nice. Each nail hole has a rust stain. There's always something needing done around here that needs a handyman. Bill took care of EVERYTHING that needed doing.

We came home and put out the new furniture, I began to straighten the kitchen when Jon got a call that his jeep was ready, so back in the van and out to Richmond. Since it was dinner time I called Joyce and John to see if they were in town (they were) and they met us at Papou's for dinner. We finally got home to stay at 7:30 p.m.

Jessie had a good morning at Art and made a super painting of fireworks. I'll take a picture and post it tomorrow. The morning was the last time she was happy. It went down hill from there.

She didn't want to go to the doctor's office and every time someone mentioned surgery she went spastic. (I really can't blame her.) Shopping with her at the At Home store was awful. She had worked herself up to a no-return behavior. I ended up by giving her a double dose (which I can do) of her anxiety medicine. It didn't take effect until 3 hours later !!!!!! By then we were in the van on the way to Richmond and she went to sleep - for about 15 minutes. Right now she's still aggitated and hollering. I can't wait until she goes to bed and sleep, except I know she's just recharging for tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. thank goodness the doctor agrees Jess should stay overnight when she has the surgery.

    ReplyDelete