Tuesday, June 28, 2016

And Today ...

I'm finally caught up with my blog. I could have posted on Sunday and Monday night but I was just not up to it. Jon took his jeep in to Richmond Chrysler to have it serviced and Jess and I took the van and picked him up. Rachel was supposed to come but she has a sore throat. Probably from too much laughing the past 4 days!

I have to share this with you ... I'm warning you, though, it is pretty gross. 
We stopped at Ken's in Richmond for breakfast after leaving Jon's jeep and we were about half way done when we could hear an older gentleman behind us coughing up wet sounding stuff then spitting it out. It continued and finally I looked at Jon's face and he wasn't looking so good. "Jon!", I said. "You deal with this every day at work!" He gave me THE look and said, "Yah, but not while I'm eating!"  True. 

Unfortunately, it was getting worse and my stomach couldn't handle it, eiher. I didn't finish my breakfast, neither did Jon. Jessie stopped and she grabbed my hand and said, "PRAY!", which we did. She didn't finish her breakfast either. She pushed her plate to me and said, DONE!

We got out of there as quickly as we could. I felt sorry for the gentleman who was having a hard time.  He should have gotten up and left rather than just sit there and continue spitting. Jon said he probably had an upper respiratory infection and was bringing up a lot of pflem (sp?) A LOT! 

OK. So, we get in the van and I'm trying not to laugh. Just before we pulled away from the curb, Jessie sneezed and part of the sneeze (gooey glob) flew in to the front seat and landed on Jon's arm!!!!!!!!! Now I'm hysterical !!! Jon was not happy. It took us several miles to gain control of ourselves. 



No comments:

Post a Comment